Wednesday, 29 June 2011

3 Wishes Faery festival 2011- Day 3

It was the last full day of the event already and I was stunned about how fast the time was going. Sunday was the best day overall for weather. We actually had breakfast outside on the picnic blanket!
Before going down to the main arena we decided to do a faerie walk down to the folly which was on the grounds of the Mount Edgcumbe estate. The view from the folly was stunning and was the prefect spot for some faerie photoshoots. I wonder what the passers by thought of us all!

What is through the round window?

It took us quite a while before we found our way back to the arena, making a detour up to the rather grand looking house.
This is when I went round doing some shopping as I had been saving it for the last day. I snatched the latest copies of FAE magazine and some wicked red horns made by a Talented lady all the way from Germany! Check out her facebook page.
Not looking my best here but now have to come up with a costume to show off these bad boys for Halloween!

I brought this cute hare and leveret statue from Awen Alive and a lovely pair of curly earrings.

I also got a red leaf style waist coat which I wanted to get last year but ran out of money.

 There was so much lovely clothing and I could have spent much more money but I wanted to save some money for my next holiday to Scotland.

After dinner (again cooked by Martin) I got changed yet again to put my new horns on :) and I was ready to boogie the night way.. Or that was the plan only my hay fever was still playing havoc with my nose, but I was not the only one suffering. Esther had not felt very well all day and she went to lay down for a little while.
The evenings entertainment kicked off with Malachite and a great folk band called Pentorr. 
We headed back to the tent early as it started to rain yet again and we had a welcome cup of tea in Esther and Martin's tent before we settled down to bed to get ready to pack up and go home the following morning.
We were lucky that it was not raining in the morning and we got packed and ready to go home. :( I really wanted to have longer in Cornwall but we couldn't afford the time away.
We set off with Esther, Martin, Gordon, Laura, Jennie and David for a slap up breakfast at Morrisons before going our separate ways. Always a sad time.
I had great fun yet again with the lovely people who make up the faerie community. It was a shame that the weather just was not on our side this time round!
Photographs again by LJS Digital photography

No comments:

Post a Comment