Thursday, 23 June 2011

3 Wishes Faery festival 2011- Day 1

And so my second 3 wishes festival has come and gone like a floating bubble on the wind. Unfortunately this years was damped a bit by the weather and me sneezing every few minutes.
It was great to meet up with everyone again and make new friends too.

Day one.
Turned up at the new venue after getting confused as where to go after signs for the festival were not prominent enough and we drove past the camping entrance!
We found our friends, Jennie and David Cooper, Esther Remmington and Martin Winkles and the lovely Bruce and Bryone Whistlecraft who had pitched their tent on the flattest ground they could find.
Esther and Martin were wrestling with a gazebo and set to work helping them tame the wild beast before getting on with pitching our own tent.
The field it's self must have had sheep grazing on it a few hours before because there was dung everywhere! Good job we stopped off at a supermarket before we arrived as we had plastic bags to use as a poop and scoop!
The tent was pitched when the first spots of rain fell and continued to fall for a good couple of hours. We clambered into Esther and Martins amazingly roomy bell tent and listened to the rain fall and drank tea and caught up on the latest news.
There was no sign of the rain letting up so we got out waterproofs on and head out to see what was happening in the main arena.
A quick walk down the woodland passage and we were soon seeing the faces of our friends who either were trading or had just come too be a part of the festival like us.
The new venue was indeed very beautiful, with two stunning cedar trees in the centre and a lovely shell grotto seat that served as a setting for a photo shoot opportunity later on.
The rain had made the area seem very quiet and after saying our hellos and faerie hugs to friends we went back to camp for a cook out.
By the evening the rain eased off and were were finally able to shed our human personas and get faeried up!

Me,Esther, Martin and the lovely Linda Ravenscroft

The Cedar trees were lit up at night.

The entertainment for the evening was varied but stand out for me was 3 Daft Monkeys. Good sound and slightly steampunk to boot.
We crawled into our sleeping bag quiet late that night but was not late for some as a few of our fellow campers decided to stay up till 5am having a laugh and getting louder and louder. I was in two minds to go and tell them to shut up but it was so cold I just piled on the fleeces and hoped I would pass out.

Stay tuned for Day 2!

Photos by LJS Digital photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment